Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Thinking Fink's

Our Fink Family: Photo by Linnea Farnsworth


August 8, 2012
If you would have told me(Momma Fink) that I would be writing a blog and have a baby with a genetic disease in 2012 I would have smacked you beside the head and called you crazy.  But here we are...
      Now I know you really want to hear everything about me, because I am super important in this world and I change everyone's life that I meet (cough), but I will probably be posting more about our newest addition.  Our baby boy Declan; (Deck-lin) for those that don't know how to pronounce this Irish name.  My main reason to start a blog is to get information out there about genetic diseases.  The more people know, the more likely chance to finding a cure.  I have actually found more information about Declan's possible disease from families blogs then from medical websites.  So Thank You to the families that posted.
       Finding out that our precious baby has a neuromuscular disease is as fun as being trapped in a burning building and not being able to get out.  Our dreams and wishes for him to grow up, get married, become successful have changed to sit up on his own, have use of his hands and arms, be able to talk, and most important to Live.  I think my next post will be the story of Declan.  There is way too much to say about our wonderful babe. 
      I have decided to not use first names on our older kids since this will be a public blog.  We will refer to them as D and K, but since most of this will be about Declan I will use his name, but may refer to him as little D sometimes, and I will probably use daddy and mommy instead of our names too (Yes, I know my name is already on the blog).  We are paranoid and crazy beyond reason deal with it.  So those that know us if you comment use this as a guideline.  <----(I have no idea if this will actually work but I will try.)
     One more month and school with start up again for D and K.  Can you say about time!  I can't get D off of his computer and K I am pretty sure is bored most of the time.  School will help, and give me some peace for a few hours during the day.  I don't know why those two can't be in the same room with each other but it turns into a call of duty war zone in this house.  War zone + sleeping baby = mom turning into the ice lady from Narnia.  But I guess I can't say much I didn't get along with my siblings while growing up either, lets face it who does. 
     Well I guess this is a good start I really have no idea.  I will post all the info I have gathered about Declan and maybe it will help another family out there.
Wish us luck, and love.

2 comments:

  1. You've done good. Can't wait to read more

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hehe, yes, I'm sure Jeff would say the behavior from your kids is just them being the same way the two of you were when you were young. :)

    D works well, I already call D "Big D" lots when I see him. Not sure if he likes it, though. Ha!

    So glad you started a blog!

    ReplyDelete