Friday, August 24, 2012

The Perfect Marriage

August 24, 2012

      In this post I thought I would write about something that is really important to me,  my marriage. For the best marriage ever you should follow this simple rule:

   1: Don't listen to me I have no idea how to make the best marriage ever.

    Our marriage is not clean, or peaceful; we fight, and curse.  We also love, and respect each other.  Has it been easy? uh, HELL no...  We celebrated our 11th anniversary this year, and it took ten of those years to get my hubby to finally put his clothes into the hamper.  We never imagined we would make it this far, and we know a few family members didn't think we would either.  Yeah, you know who you are, thanks for betting at our wedding.  By the way I think hubby and I won that bet so feel free to deposit our money into the bank.  ;p
     I would say our first few years were the hardest, the first year especially; we about gave up so many times.  But I am glad to say we stuck with it.  Marriage isn't just about loving that person, it tests so many things.  Patience, which I will mention I still don't have; friendship, lets face it your spouse becomes your best friend; and strength, and yeah you guessed it we tested that one too.
    It sounds like our life is hard and without humor with all these struggles, but we laugh...  I think that is what has kept us together for the most part, our sense of humor.  We make each other laugh and with things going on in todays life we all need a good laugh.  Even when we are fighting we have made each other laugh. 
      Let me tell you a story about one of our many fights:
    We were fighting, yelling, screaming, really mean rotten stuff.  I got so mad I picked up a glass and since I didn't want to clean up the mess on the floor I threw it into the sink.  Well the sink apparently didn't want that glass and so it bounced out of the sink flew through the air and landed between my hubby and I, where, of course, it shattered.  Obviously, hubby and I were just stunned; I mean, how does that happen?!  But hey it stopped the fight, we even chuckled ... a little.. but now we can really laugh about that, and you know what... we can't even remember what we were fighting about. 
    So as I have said we don't have the perfect marriage, I don't know anyone who has had a perfect marriage either.  The only advice I can give someone is to go through things together.  Share your hopes, dreams, and fears with your loved ones.  Isn't that what love is?  Absolute trust and blind faith in that one person?  If you can't trust your spouse, who can you trust? 
     Life is short, most fights aren't worth the argument.  I can honestly say I love my husband, he has helped me become who I am today.  An independent, strong, handyman of a woman.  May your spouse help you as well as mine. 
   In ending I will share a fear with you:   I fear our love will be tested the hardest in the near future.  We both hope we can make it through, and come out stronger on the other side.  Hug your loved ones, for tomorrow they might be gone.


2 comments:

  1. I like this post. I'm so glad that you and L have each other going through this - I'm sure it will be a really hard test - on both of you individually as well as together. You are both strong, good people and I think all of this is just going to strengthen you more.

    (PS, I couldn't remember if you were using L's full name on the blog. So I went back and looked, and you said you planned to refer to the two of you as mommy and daddy. I just couldn't bring myself to call him "daddy" in this comment, though. Ha!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol thanks I am sure people could find out his full name but lets not make it easy on them. ;) I don't blame you for not wanting to use "daddy".

    ReplyDelete